Discover some medieval secrets on our Jewish Heritage tours in Porto!
Highlights of our Jewish heritage tours in Porto
- Get to know how the Jewish community of Porto was born, many centuries ago, and how it developed throughout time.
- Go on a quest for the lost medieval synagogue of Porto, diving yourself on the forgotten Jewish neighborhood of the city.
- Discover the secret medieval streets of Porto: this is where the city was founded, and where the first Jewish neighborhood of Porto existed!
- Learn about the life of a very important Jewish Captain of Porto, who founded its contemporary Jewish community.
- Understand how Porto and its inhabitants behaved during the Inquisition.
- Finish the Jewish heritage tour with a tasting of a kosher drink (I can’t tell you which one – it will be a surprise!).
Our Jewish heritage tours in Porto are a balance between getting to know the Jewish history of the city while discovering also the most important monuments of the city. Therefore, even if you are not Jewish or if you are not so interested in Jewish history, this tour is a good way for you to get to know Porto.
Useful Information about our Jewish heritage tours in Porto
- Tours provided in English or Portuguese.
- Tour length: approximately 3h.
- Distance walked: 3 km / 1.9 miles.
- Meeting Point: in front of Torre dos Clérigos.
- We run tours every day, according to your schedule in Porto.
- The synagogue of Porto is no longer accepting visitors so it is not possible to include it on the tour.
How can you assess the quality of our Jewish heritage tours in Porto?
If you scroll down this page you’ll be able to find a comment section, where some of the people that have already booked a Jewish heritage tour in Porto wrote their feedback.
You can also read the reviews on our TripAdvisor page.
How to book your Jewish heritage tour in Porto
- Fill in the form on the right hand side of this page with the information required.
- We will shortly get back to you so that we can arrange the details of your Jewish heritage tour in Porto: date & time and payment method.
Any further questions?
Please send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will shortly get back to you.
PS – if you’re considering to do our Jewish Heritage tours in Porto, don’t forget to pin this page for later! 😉