Discover some medieval secrets on our Jewish Heritage tours in Porto!
Highlights of our Jewish heritage tours in Porto
- Get to know how the Jewish community of Porto was born, many centuries ago, and how it developed throughout time
- Go on a quest for the lost medieval synagogue of Porto, diving yourself on the forgotten Jewish neighborhood of the city
- Discover the secret medieval streets of Porto: this is where the city was founded, and where the first Jewish neighborhood of Porto existed!
- Learn about the life of a very important Jewish Captain of Porto, who founded its contemporary Jewish community
- Understand how Porto and its inhabitants behaved during the Inquisition
- Finish the Jewish heritage tour with a tasting of a kosher drink (I can’t tell you which one – it will be a surprise!)
Our Jewish heritage tours in Porto are a balance between getting to know the Jewish history of the city while discovering also the most important monuments of the city. Therefore, even if you are not Jewish or if you are not so interested in Jewish history, this tour is a good way for you to get to know Porto.
Useful Information about our Jewish heritage tours in Porto
- Tours provided in English or Portuguese
- Tour length: approximately 3h30
- If you want there is the possibility to extend the Jewish Heritage tour by visiting the Synagogue of Porto, the largest one in the Iberian Peninsula. If you would like to do so, please let us know when you fill in the form
- Distance walked: 3 km / 1.9 miles
- Meeting Point: in front of Torre dos Clérigos. We are also available to pick you up from your hotel if necessary
- Kosher meal: it is possible to include a kosher meal during the tour. If you would like to do so, please let us know when you fill in the form
- We run tours every day, according to your schedule in Porto
How can you assess the quality of our Jewish heritage tours in Porto?
If you scroll down this page you’ll be able to find a comment section, where some of the people that have already booked a Jewish heritage tour in Porto wrote their feedback. We invite you to read them as their are good testimonials of the quality of our tours. You can also read some of the feedback here:
הסיור עם שרה היה פשוט נפלא!
היא לקחה אותי ואת בת זוגי ברגל דרך הרובע היהודי העתיק של העיר והראתה לנו הרבה מאוד פרטים ומקומות שלא היו מתגלים לנו אילולא לקחנו אותה לסיור פרטי עימנו. כמו כן, לאחר מקטע זה, נלקחנו לכל המקומות הייחודים שיש לעיר להציע מתחנת הרכבת, דרך הקתדרלה והמגדל וכך יצא שתוך שלוש שעות בלבד יצא לנו להכיר את העיר העתיקה של פורטו וזה שימש לנו כבסיס נהדר להמשך הסיורים בעיר ביומיים שלאחר מכן. אני ממליץ מאוד על הסיור הזה.
הוא היה מלמד ומהנה כאחד ושרה הייתה מדריכה פשוט נהדרת!
תודה רבה שרה!
We highly recommend Sara Riobom’s Jewish History Tour of Porto. We learned a lot and had a nice walk. The tour is easy to understand and although the focus is Jewish Heritage the sites and historical facts we saw and learned were not solely about the Jewish heritage aspects of Porto. Sara is an excellent tour guide. Her knowledge is extensive and well presented. She is professional and charming.
We very much enjoyed this interesting, informative and well-researched tour. Sara was a wonderful guide who structured the tour in an interesting and informative manner. I would definitely recommend it.
How to book your Jewish heritage tour in Porto
- Fill in the form on the right hand side of this page with the information required
- We will shortly get back to you so that we can arrange the details of your Jewish heritage tour in Porto: date & time and payment method
Any further questions?
Please send your questions to email@example.com and we will shortly get back to you.
PS – if you’re considering to do our Jewish Heritage tours in Porto, don’t forget to pin this page for later! 😉