Discover the history and religion behind Braga and Guimarães.
Highlights of our private tours in Braga and Guimarães
- Get to know the historic centre of Guimarães, a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Visit the Palace of the Dukes of Braganza and the Castle of Guimarães, as well a chapel full of secrets…
- Learn the history behind the birth of the kingdom of Portugal, centuries ago.
- Have lunch at a traditional Portuguese restaurant – one of the best ones in the country!
- Visit the Cathedral of Braga, one of the strongest Catholic cities in the Iberian Peninsula.
- Be amazed at Bom Jesus Sanctuary, a hilltop pilgrimage site with a magnificent stairway.
As this is a private tour, the items above are merely a suggestion of what we can visit on a day trip to Braga and Guimarães. We are flexible to change it according to your preferences – the monuments you want to see & visit, your dietary restrictions and your pace as a traveller.
Useful Information about our private tour in Braga and Guimarães
- Tours provided in English or Portuguese.
- Tour length: whole day (~8h), which already includes travel time from / to Porto.
- Transport by car / minivan / bus, depending on the size of your group.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off from hotels in Porto and in Vila Nova de Gaia.
- Tours run daily, according to your schedule in Portugal.
- We do not provide tours for solo travellers
How to assess the quality of our tours?
Once and a while we get emails from people who feel uncomfortable with the idea of paying in advance to someone they do not know.
We completely understand the feeling, which is why we invite you to read the amazing reviews that previous customers wrote about our private tours.
How to book your private tour in Braga and Guimarães
- Fill in the form on the right hand side of this page with the information required.
- We will shortly get back to you so that we can arrange the details of your private tour in Braga and Guimarães: date & time and payment method.
Any further questions?
Please send your questions to email@example.com. We will shortly get back to you!
PS – If you’re considering this tour, then don’t forget to pin this page for later 😉