Have an unforgettable day with our Douro Valley tours.
Highlights of our private Douro Valley tours
- Get spoiled with a customised Douro Valley tour according to your preferences. Whether you are prefer to visit small scale producers or stick to the most well know brands – tell us what you enjoy doing when travelling and I will tailor make you a Douro Valley tour according to your travelling style
- Learn the production process of Port wine at one of the best vineyards in the Douro Valley
- Be delighted with some perfect Port wine tastings. If you are not so found of Port wine, do not worry: just let us know when you fill in the form, and we will pick producers with superb table wines for your Douro Valley tour
- Visit a local olive oil producer, as olive oil is also one of the most regarded products of Douro Valley
- Have a boat trip in the Douro Valley
- Take photos at some magnificent viewpoints over the Douro river: you will understand why the Douro Valley is considered one of the most beautiful wine regions in the world!
- Have lunch on a typical Portuguese restaurant
As we provide private Douro Valley tours, the items above are merely a suggestion of what we can visit on your tour.
We are flexible to make the itinerary according to your preferences – the vineyards you want to see & visit, your dietary restrictions & preferences and your pace as a traveller.
Useful Information about our private Douro Valley tours
- Tours provided in English or Portuguese
- Tour length: whole day (~8h), which already includes transport to the Douro Valley from Porto
- Transport by car / minivan / bus, depending on the size of your group
- Hotel pick-up and drop off from any hotel in Porto
- Tours run daily
- We do not organise tours for solo travellers
How to assess the quality of our Douro Valley tours?
Once and a while we get emails from people who feel uncomfortable with the idea of paying in advance to someone they do not know.
We completely understand the feeling, which is why we included a feedback section on this page!
If you scroll down this page you’ll be able to read all the feedback that people who have already taken our tours wrote about them. You can also read some of them here:
Had an outstanding day with Sara, who took us to two very high quality small producers in the Douro. Both wineries made us feel very welcome and looked after us wonderfully. Also had a great lunch with some wines recommendations from the som. All in all a great day and I couldn’t recommend highly enough.
Sara set up a great customized visit to three wine / port makers (and olive oil) that exactly met our request. We would never have found or experienced these places without a local expert with connections. She has great connections with the wine makers, very knowledgeable and helpful about all aspects of vacationing in Porto and Portugal in general. She was prompt, friendly, and we genuinely had a very enjoyable day driving through the Douro Valley. Highly recommended.
I’m so glad my group booked Sara as our guide in the Douro Valley. Driving those narrow winding roads would have been impossible on our own but Sara handled them like an expert. She also went above and beyond; when we told her that someone in our group had a birthday that day, she kindly arranged for him to have birthday cake at lunch! Thanks Sara for a wonderful and relaxing day!
How to book your private Douro Valley tours
- Fill in the form on the right hand side of this page with the information required
- We will shortly get back to you so that we can arrange the details of the tour: date & time and payment method
Any further questions?
Please send your questions to email@example.com and we will get back to you shortly.
PS – if you’re considering this tour, don’t forget to pin this page for later 😉